Floyd County Productions, the Emmy-winning animation studio, is looking to hire a passionate illustrator to join our expanding team in Atlanta, GA for Season 13 of Archer. Our illustrators are the puppet-makers that give our productions life. Applicants should have a strong desire to create and be a part of a collaborative team – familiarity with the show is a plus!
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator
- Familiarity with Adobe After Effects and its use within the pipeline
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Must have an understanding of the principles of animation
- Must have a capable grasp on the principles of art: Movement, Harmony, Variety, Rhythm, Unity, Emphasis, Balance, Proportion, Pattern and Reference.
- A solid grasp and understanding of human anatomy
- Must take direction well
- Must be proactive and a positive thinker
- Drawing characters in Illustrator, on model, using sketches from the Layout department
- Must be able to identify how the reference image model differs from their characters in order to make the proper adjustments
- Drawing props (these can be anything from glassware, fabric, duffle bags to guns, knives, and explosives).
- Organizing Illustrator files for manipulation and animation in Adobe After Effects
- Must work in a timely manner, striving for a minimum daily completion as determined by your supervisors.
- Must be able to make timely revisions based on notes from supervisors
- Recognizing continuity as well as its errors and separating a boarding issue from what’s needed in the scene.
- Must reside in GA or be willing to relocate.
- Must be able to provide authorization to work in the US.
- Must be able to provide proof of COVID vaccination and boosters.
Estimated start: End of November
Hourly range: $21-24