The Asset Manager Assistant’s job is to aid the Asset Manager in overseeing the usage, reusability, organization, and storage of assets across all departments in the pipeline. The main purpose of this role is to work through organizational, administrative, and communication assignments in order to streamline information and processes for the Asset Manager, Producer, Production Manager, and department heads This position reports to the Asset Manager.
- Experience in Photoshop, Harmony, Acrobat or similar PDF software, Google Docs, and Fusion is a plus.
- Possess a functional understanding of how all departments operate on a Harmony animation pipeline: Storyboards, Design, Backgrounds, 3D Modeling, Harmony, Layouts, Edit, and Compositing.
- Possess thorough knowledge of Ftrack and how it operates inter-departmentally.
- Has a general understanding of how assets are sent and received by outside studios.
- Possess an excellent organizational sense.
- Ability to communicate clearly and consistently.
- Ability to learn new processes and incorporate them into the Asset Management Assistant role as we grow and learn.
- Collaborate and lead with respect, humility, inclusion, and open-mindedness.
- Maintain clear and concise naming conventions for assets that are consistent with current and former naming conventions.
- Track the progress of Assets on a daily basis to provide the Asset Manager with the latest up-to-date information, in some cases reporting information directly to department heads.
- Work through assignments as provided by the Asset Manager. A sample of these might be:
- Dig through previous episodes and libraries, identifying and labeling types of assets.
- Breaking down scripts and animatics into elements, making lists of locations, characters, props, vehicles, VFX, and hero animation.
- Sharing and updating documents and lists of reused animation, gesture action templates, and hero pose animation.
- Collect and Archive Backgrounds for reuse from previous episodes.
- Collect and Archive Props created by Design/Harmony in their scenes for the Library.
- Assist department heads with listing and organizing their assets.
- Must reside in GA.
- Must be able to provide authorization to work in the US.
- Must be able to provide proof of COVID vaccination and boosters.
Hourly rate: $27.00