The role of a 3D Modeler is to learn and use the standards and practices at Floyd County productions to create, material, texture or modify a variety of hard surface models. Once those tasks are completed the 3D modeler will deliver those models to their Supervisor for notes prior to being passed to the next phase of production. The 3D Modeler reports to the Lead Modeler.
- Good listening, learning, and organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic. (how does the person treat jobs they don’t find interesting)
- Take direction well.
- Strong portfolio, Two-year degree, or equivalent work experience as a modeler.
- Proficient at Hard Surface modeling in any of the following programs: 3ds Max,
- Maya, Modo, Blender
- Working knowledge of one of the following render engines: Vray, Arnold, Corona, Redshift, Octane, Cycles, Evee
- Ability to material, and apply textures to hard surface models
- Understanding of how to retopologize a model with appropriate edge flow
- Basic understanding of organic modeling or sculpting in any of the following programs: 3ds Max, Maya, Zbrush, Mudbox, Modo, Blender
- Basic understanding of parametric modeling in one of the following: Railclone, Houdini, Blender
- Any 2 of the following
- UVW unwrapping and atlas generation
- Ability to aesthetically light a scene
- Knowledge of Vray Toon setup
- Strong camera compositional skills
- Geometry nodes
- Collaborate with Supervisor to develop consistent, previsualized backgrounds based on concept art.
- Work closely with the Environment Design department, working from pre-designed models whenever possible.
- Work from storyboards to set up camera angles and character placement for shots.
- Indicate lighting and texturing appropriate to the art style of the project to create a starting point for background painting.
- Execute changes and revisions as requested by Supervisor.
- For establishing shots, organize environments into layer passes which can be used for animation purposes.
- Learn FCP 3D and background pipeline and procedures.
- Collaborate with respect, humility, inclusion, and open-mindedness.
- Must reside in GA or be willing to relocate.
- Must be able to provide authorization to work in the US.
- Must be able to provide proof of COVID vaccination and boosters.
Estimated start: January
Hourly range: $27-29