The role of a 3D Layout Artist is to learn and use the standards and practices at Floyd County productions to set dress, light, pose characters, and set up camera angles for environments based on concept art and storyboards. Once those tasks are completed, the 3D layout artist will deliver draft renders to their senior for notes prior to being passed to Art Direction and upon approval to the 3D Technical Artist. The role will also be responsible for previz animation to ensure cameras and sets are delivered appropriately for approval by the 3D Animation team. The 3D Layouts Artist reports directly to the Director of 3D Modeling.
- Good listening, learning, and organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic. (how does the person treat jobs they don’t find interesting)
- Responds to artistic feedback in a professional manner.
- Two-year degree or equivalent work experience in a similar 3D field.
- Proficient at scene setup and asset organization in one of the following: 3ds Max, Maya, Modo, and Blender.
- Knowledge of lighting and rendering in one of the following: Vray, Arnold, Corona, Redshift, Octane, Cycles, Evee.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop.
- Strong understanding of shot composition and cinematography.
- Ability to pose characters dynamically.
- Previous Vray and 3ds Max experience.
- Basic understanding of NPR (non-photorealistic) rendering.
- Comfortable working with 3D cameras within the restraints of limited 2d animation.
- Prior previz experience.
- Possess strong knowledge in UVW unwrapping and atlas generation.
- Basic understanding of hard surface modeling in any of the following programs: 3ds Max, Maya, Modo, and Blender.
- Set dress, light, pose characters, and set up camera angles for environments based on concept art and storyboards.
- Previz animation utilizing storyboards or animatic.
- Delivers draft renderings to Supervisor and Art Direction for notes and makes necessary changes.
- Delivers cameras and sets to 3D Animation for notes and makes necessary changes.
- Must reside in GA or be willing to relocate.
- Must be able to provide authorization to work in the US.
- Must be able to provide proof of COVID vaccination and boosters.
Estimated start: End of November
Hourly range: $24-28