Who We Are
Floyd County Productions (FCP) is a multiple Emmy® award-winning animation studio located in the beautiful city of Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 2009 by writers and executive producers Adam Reed and Matt Thompson, FCP has grown from a crew of 8 artists into a family of nearly 200 amazing creatives. FCP is a full-service animation studio that strives to create the highest quality in animation and digital entertainment. You know, like cartoons and stuff.
Floyd County Productions is currently working on our original action-spy comedy Archer (returning for its 12th season), a Netflix feature film, a couple of MARVEL television series, and a bunch of hush-hush, top-secret stuff that we can only whisper about in the studio kitchen. A kitchen that is stocked with muffins. And bear claws. Don’t forget the bear claws.
Season 12 Premieres on Wednesday 8/25 on FXX.
Available to Stream on FX on Hulu the next day.
The Places Where We Lived
Aired on Cake on FXX, 2019.
Nominated for a Sundance Award, 2019.
Available to Stream on FX on Hulu.
Always Sunny In Philadelphia
Aired on FX in 2013: The Gang Saves the Day.
Available to Stream on FX on Hulu.
Work With Us
Senior Storyboard ArtistApply Now
- Breakdown approved scripts into individual assignments based on scenes and shots.
- Work with Art Directors and Producers to organize and delegate assignments across the entirety of the storyboard team.
- Lead the Storyboard Artists in a unified visual manner that achieves the style and quality established for the show.
- Maintain and control the quality of your team’s storyboards being submitted to the Art Directors.
- Organize and maintain files in the proper place on the studio servers.
- Deliver storyboard renders to the Edit Department.
- Act as the point person organizing and distributing notes to your team after editing reviews with Art Directors and Producers.
- Collaborate with respect, humility, inclusion, and open-mindedness.
- Applicants will be required to take a test to ensure they have strong storytelling abilities and the necessary understanding and knowledge of Toon Boom Storyboard Pro and Adobe Photoshop.
- Thorough understanding of the storyboard pipeline, and how it interconnects with other departments.
- Ability to read and breakdown the script into clear, well-organized scenes, shots, and assignments.
- Comfortable working digitally on a Cintiq.
- Exercise strong time management skills, as well as the ability to meet tight deadlines to the expected level of quality.
- Must take direction well and be comfortable working both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to critically self-evaluate, self-edit, and problem solve.
- Capacity to adapt to a broad range of looks from realistic to stylized.
- Y’all must be willing to relocate to Atlanta, Georgia. (We are earthquake and wildfire free.)
Storyboard ArtistApply Now
Floyd County Productions, the Emmy-winning animation studio behind Archer, is looking to hire an experienced and passionate Storyboard Artist to join our expanding team in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Collaborate with Directors and other Storyboard Artists to execute full scenes, visualize sequences, and scenes from scratch and execute them with precision and solid draftsmanship.
- Apply a heavy emphasis on being able to choreograph and visualize dynamic hand-to-hand action and fight scenes, as well as vehicular combat and chase sequences.
- Execute changes and revisions as requested by Art Director/Story Supervisor.
- Ensure quality and style of the show is achieved within the animation guidelines for the project and ensure that all deadlines are met.
- Learn FCP storyboard and animation pipeline and procedures.
- Collaborate with respect, humility, inclusion, and open-mindedness
- Applicants will be required to take a test to ensure they have the necessary understanding of the software and strong artistic ability, and knowledge of how to present visuals in a convincing way.
- Proficiency in Toonboom Storyboard Pro as well as Adobe Suite, particularly Photoshop.
- Strong skills in staging, composition, and cinematography as it pertains to storyboarding for animation.
- Working knowledge of basic animation principles and techniques.
- Excellent knowledge of human and animal anatomy.
- Strong skills in action-comedy storytelling.
- Must have the ability to work from Directors/other Artists thumbnails and rough boards.
- Must be able to pitch sequences and scenes to Directors and Supervisors.
- Must have strong time management skills, as well as the ability to meet tight deadlines to the expected level of quality.
- Comfortable working and making decisions independently as well as part of a team.
- Must have the ability to critically self-evaluate, self-edit, and problem solve.
- Must be willing to relocate to Atlanta, Georgia. Where the players play and we do fun stuff like every day.
- At least 2-5 years of industry experience desired
- Experience in Feature Animation, Game Cinematics, and Live Action a plus.
- Managerial or supervisory experience a plus
- Please reference this reel to see the level of experience we are looking for https://vimeo.com/296946154/31e7c1e3e4
- Potential for relocation compensation.
- Wellness and Health Benefits.
- Company-sponsored childcare.
- Close proximity to the downtown/midtown core and public transportation.
- Paid time off or PTO offered after 6 months of employment.
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay: $25.00 per hour
To keep our employees safe during this time, we are working remotely. However, we have set our studio up with strict guidelines for the few who prefer to work in the studio. Accommodations can be made based on your preference.Apply Now